Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Goals for Bout of Books 10

When I posted about my intentions to join Bout of Books, I did not list any goals. Even now, a week before I am not quite sure how successful I will be in meeting any goals I make. Three kids and a teaching job are full of last minute surprises waiting to happen, but I want to put something down in writing to show my intention to participate.

First, I definitely want to join in at least one Twitter Chat. Saturday 5/17 is when I know I can for sure, but I want to try to make Wednesday 5/14's as well. The Twitter Chats are my favorite part I think, besides the reading itself.

I am going to attempt to read every single day - a huge feat since it's softball season and we've got a loaded game schedule. And I have this sinking feeling I'll still be grading research papers by then. (Who am I kidding? I'll drop those papers to read in a heartbeat!)Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday of Bout of Books week are looking like the best opportunities to squeeze in more reading than usual.

My goal is to read at least one Chunkster (450+ pages) and one book from my TBR pile. I've been reading nothing but review books for a bit now and want to enjoy books I've had waiting. I think I'm going to aim for The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult and The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien.

What are your goals? If you've joined, but haven't linked up your goals yet, here's the page to do it! (There's also a link there for you to sign up if you haven't done that yet.)

18 comments:

  1. I haven't given too much thought to my specific goals yet, other than i want to read 3-4 books. I'm hoping for either hopelessly rainy weather so i can curl up inside and read, or bright and beautiful so I can read outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I set goals, I end up changing my mind last minute. I didn't even read the book I planned for last reading challenge, but two others instead!

      Delete
  2. Working on my "goals" post right now! Will post it today! In addition to reading, I'm also setting a goal of listening to at least 1 audiobook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good challenge! I've never tried to listen to a book completely through audio. Not sure how I'd do! I'll be interested to see what your plans are!

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I hope you make it to at least the one Twitter chat... they're my favorite part of the event too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals, I'm sure it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't read-a-thons always wonderful? Can they be anything else? ;)

      Delete
  5. I haven't set any goals yet, but I'm going to try to make a video by monday. :)
    Hope you get a lot of reading done! Good luck and, more importantly, have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I video! I can't wait! Love to see everyone's faces and then hear their voices!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh a chunkster is a great readathon idea! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like you're going to have quite the busy schedule. I've got my final assignment for my degree to write and my sisters wedding to help plan for, which is on the 24th, so I'm going to have to squeeze reading in.
    I hope you enjoy the read-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had tons of stuff going on like that last Bout of Books. Hope you do get a few moments.

      Delete
  8. Good luck - I always try to participate - now to find a review-a-thon to participate in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I never get to participate as much as I'd like. Work always gets in the way. This year, it's research paper grading :/

      Delete