Sunday, May 25, 2014

Begin the Week with Words

My latest read has left me reeling. The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult, is a study in so many things that it is hard to speak of unless the other person has read it. But here are some thought provoking sentences, review to follow in a day or two.

“History isn’t about dates and places and wars. It’s about the people who fill the spaces between them.” 

"Sometimes all it takes to become human again is someone who can see you that way, no matter how you present on the surface." 

The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult 

11 comments:

  1. LOVE these quotes, especially the first one. That quote should be artwork, or on a teacher's wall, or something! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that first quote really stuck with me when reading The Storyteller, it is a book that should be read by all!

    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picoult is such a master story weaver, I think some people won't be able to handle it though.

      Delete
  3. Love those quotes! And of course - the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm having such a hard time getting down what I want to say in a review.

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts. You're right, it's a difficult book to review. It took a lot for me to not write an over-emotional review.

      Delete
  4. It's been years since I've read Piccoult but just saw this one in the grocery store. Reeling in a good way or bad? Curious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both. The story is woven together in a way you get lost in the story...but it's also the Holocaust so it's so hard to imagine people in those situations.

      Delete
  5. I had to take a break from Jodi (who was one of my go-to authors) after The Lone Wolf. I found that the magic was missing. But I keep hearing great things about The Storyteller. Are you saying that it's time to go back to Picoult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I have actually heard many fans say she had lost her touch, but this is the one where she's "bounced back." I haven't read her for awhile so I missed all the so-so works I think.

      Delete