Sunday, August 30, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

I survived the first week of school with new classes. I survived my older high school daughter being on a university campus by herself for the first time. I survived my other daughter being in Canada for a week with her grandparents. What a week, my mind in a million places. It was a week that could use a quick "Hey, how are you? Hanging in there?" and some hang out time, but you can't always count on that, so I kept myself really busy and collected quotes as they came to me. My usual person of inspiration, Ann Voskamp, makes her millionth appearance on the blog today with a few quotes I found in her blog posts. Have a good week everyone.


"Sometimes doing the most important thing eternally – doesn’t look like you are doing anything noticeably."

"The real essence of the universe is endless grace."

"Apparent failures can be the way your Father births a successful faith." 

6 comments:

  1. Nice Post!!!
    http://dearselflme.blogspot.com/2015/08/parents-trouble.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how was your week? Hanging in there?:) Ok, a little late but looks like you made it. Yay!!

    Thanks for the quotes. She's a master of creating pictures with her words.

    It's been crazy around here too. US History with one of my boys has been brutal so far. Just brutal.

    Keep on doing what your doing in your part of the world and have a fantastic week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I guess we can't appreciate the good days without the hectic ones. You have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. Reading a good book? Always a good way to relax and let go of anxious thoughts... and thoughts regarding our kids are always the strongest and hardest to deal with. I've been reading Neal Stephenson's Seveneves and it definitely is a great way to let go of my anxious mind. Hope things go more calmly and gently for you.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely getting lost in some reading! My kids go back to school next week and our schedule should fall into its usual rhythm. Thanks!

      Delete