Sunday, August 23, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

I squeezed in one more book before my students come back to school tomorrow, appropriately the YA novel Every Day by David Levithan. More on my opinion of it later this week, but I can say I found a few good quotes that stood out. Things I felt were universal truths, I guess you could say. So here are two of them, enjoy your week!

"I know from experience that beneath every peripheral girl is a central truth. She's hiding hers away, but at the same time she wants me to see it." 

"She's being kind. Which is much more a sign of character than mere niceness. Kindness connects to who you are, while niceness connects to how you want to be seen." 

4 comments:

  1. The quote about kindness really resonated with me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing isn't it? We would see the two words as synonyms, but now I don't think they are!

      Delete
  2. I liked the kindness one too! I agree, they are synonyms, but they way he wrote it, shows a truth and degree of separation. You never hear anyone say, "she's so kind."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what I love about words so much - the intellect and cleverness behind them.

      Delete