Sunday, August 9, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

As summer comes to a close (this is my last week), I find myself wrapped up in some reading for my classes and my mind on lesson plans already. Looks like the year will be starting with Fahrenheit 451 for the Sophomores and Of Mice and Men for Honors 11. AP Literature will be discussing summer reading before moving on to learn Joseph Campbell's "Hero's Journey" from The Hero with a Thousand Faces, among other analytical basics. Figuring out what to do is half the battle I guess.

So Sunday Sentence today is from Outlander, looking back at a great summer read and hoping that I'll be united with book two - Dragonfly in Amber - by late September. A girl can dream, can't she?


"For where all love is, the speaking is unnecessary. It is all. It is undying. And it is enough." 


Until we meet again Jamie Fraser...

2 comments:

  1. Back to your other post on GSAW, I read where some bookstores were offering patrons their money back if they didn't like it. WHAT? Anyway, I haven't read it yet, but I'm hoping to get into it after I finish the bit of a slog read I'm in now.

    I know you hate to see the summer end, yet I also imagine since the majority of your typical year is mostly in the classroom there's more of a sense of normalcy to that than the easy breezy summer months. Yet again, I feel a tad melancholy at the close of summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I kinda told people off in my review for that whole return deal. So dumb.

      And end of summer is bittersweet. Definitely feel melancholy...but you are 100% correct about the school year bringing normalcy. I am much too lazy in the summer...having all the time in the world isn't productive for me at all.

      Delete