Sunday, June 28, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

Think about this one beyond your initial gut reaction to it. Is there truth to it?

"The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person." Invisible Monsters, by Chuck Palahniuk


My initial thought: How much do our perspectives (not necessarily truth or reality) play into how we see a loved one and them us? Cause I've met people who I've wondered how their better half deals with them...and have thought the same for my poor husband at times!

And then take into account a number of things, such as maturity level, experience, situations, needs, wants, etc., that can arise between two people, for good or bad. There's something to this I think.

2 comments:

  1. This really proves to me that we never really know what goes on behind closed doors and in the hearts of the people we meet. And it also bolsters that being intelligently suspect is sometimes more important than blindly accepting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and doesn't even have to be in the psycho or mysterious sense...anyone can be keeping any kind of secrets or being someone they aren't.

      Delete