Friday, November 14, 2014

#BookishThanks November 8-14


I am participating in a most wonderful bookish Thanksgiving meme, #BookishThanks, put together by Monika at A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall. This time I was able to place the graphic above for your convenience...my iPad was having a good day, I guess. For #BookishThanks, a category is given for every day in November, to which you can apply the book of your choice, posting it on your social media. It has been so much fun, I figured I'd post them on my blog weekly! Feel free to leave your choices for any categories in the comments.

8. Recommended by a friend - Stones From the River, Ursula Hegi




9. Would read over and over - The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald




10. Boosted my vocabulary - Anything Shakespeare




11. Love the voice - This is Where I Leave You, by Jonathan Tropper




12. Favorite reading accessory - fleece blanket and my dog AND 14. Favorite reading spot - bed




13. Must read author's backlist - David Mitchell (read Cloud Atlas)



6 comments:

  1. I have and read STONES FROM A RIVER, and will say it has one of the most unusual premises for a book. I think you'll like it! And what a great idea for the month of November- the Bookish Thanks list. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, I read it in 1998 I think. I liked most all of Ursula Hegi's books. I'm loving this BookishThanks...it is brilliant!

      Delete
  2. ohhh I need to check out the Jonathan Tropper book! and your dog is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very funny book, but I've yet to see the movie. And yes, my dog is the sweetest, most spoiled little lap dog ever! Lol.

      Delete
  3. I really loved your categories Favorite reading accessory and Favorite reading spot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find a new spot though. I'm not old, but compared to when I was younger, I fall asleep much easier. So already being in bed just sets me up for a nap! Lol!

      Delete