Friday, July 12, 2013

One Year Blogoversary

Source: birthdayexpress.com


July 12, 2012 I started a journey with a writing blog I titled Keep Inspired. My dream since I was 12 and read S.E Hinton's The Outsiders has been to write a book. I even feel I have a story to tell (read earliest 2012 posts for a recap); however, I also feel I have neither the perspective nor the wisdom to write it quite yet. These are things that can only come in time. In the meanwhile, I wanted to keep writing, reading (my love bigger than writing), and living a life that would take me where I need to be.

And here I am a year later with my writing blog now a book blog with a new name and all kinds of crazy social media hook up - really, this FB page thing is crazy! But I'm loving every moment of it and every person I "meet" and every book I get to talk and every moment God gives me another chance to let me be me.

It has been fun and that's thanks in large part to my readers (and now FB and Twitter likers/followers). I can't thank you all enough for every post you've read and every comment you've made - both here and on my FB, which I know some of you prefer.

I'd like to end with a shout out to all of my support...no mushiness, just heartfelt thanks. To the writing blog friends I started this with and with whom I'm still in touch: Carolynn...with 2Ns (aka Wry Writer) and donnaeverhart, you were among the Betsy bloggers who inspired me to start my own blog. I appreciate your encouragement over the past year and hope to continue through the next with you both.


Next came my friends (who I actually know in person, lol), Roshni and Matt. Once I started my blog, you became instant encouragers. Your encouragement built my confidence and deepened our friendship. Truly grateful for your families' friendship with mine.

I also have thanks to give to those who helped me transition into book blog mode. To Allison at The Book Wheel, who I found through the Top Ten Book Blogs contest on Story Cartel earlier this year, she introduced me to my main source of books to review, NetGalley.com. It is also through The Book Wheel that I found the next three bloggers: Thank you Rebecca at Love at First Book, for answering my questions about the ins and outs of book blogging and review methods. Thanks to Jennifer at The Relentless Reader for her help when I had questions while setting up my blog's FB page. And Leah at Books Speak Volumes, who has been doing this almost twice as long as me, thank you for a wonderful blog, which gives me something to look up to and forward to. You are a wonderful group of ladies and I appreciate your book blog comraderie!

And biggest thanks to my husband and kids who have supported my hobby and have recently joined me on some family reading adventures. My husband even opened a Goodreads account all on his own, just to friend me in support of my blog and new FB page! That's what I call love!

22 comments:

  1. I have been talking to some of my friends that for so many, many reasons; I end up celebrating the month of July as New Year because of so many new things that started in July not just for me, but also for those around me! Glad to have you in the mix too...Happy Anniversary and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! In education the year starts in August and ends in July. I literally feel like I celebrate New Year in the middle of summer! Thanks Roshni!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!

    We were "born" around the same time! My blog's b-day was July 8! :)

    Excited for many more years!

    R-ebecca @ Love at First Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was cool when you posted your one year!

      Delete
  3. Whoops! I could have spelled things right in my signoff!

    Let's try that again. . .

    -Rebecca @ Love at First Book

    (that's better!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do that all the time! Auto correct hates the actual spelling of my name and I end up as Jennie,Jeanine, and even Jennifer sometimes!

      Delete
  4. Congrats to you Jennine!!! Isn't this just the most fun you've ever had? :D Hooray for books and book bloggers! Here's to many more years girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Nothing like finding a bunch of people as book crazy as yourself! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Yee haw... it’s been a year already?
    Can’t believe it; time flies when you’re writing, reading and turning pages. What a year it’s been for all of us.

    I love how you involve your students and especially your family. Your love of books is truly inspiring and yes I am still working on To Kill a Mockingbird. I will finish it, I promise.

    I want to take a minute to thank you too, w/mushiness. You have no idea how much your words of encouragement, regarding life and writing have gotten me through at times. I am hoping for the day, you, Donna and I will be at a reading of a novel written by one of us; I think Donna has us beat on the finished-novel thing. I’ve put my two in a drawer for now and am working on the third I was so excited about a few months ago. A while back you recommended I revisit my enthusiasm on that one, I am, and loving that along with my column deadline, I am on to a new writing journey.

    I’m toasting your blogoversary with another cup of java. Raising my mug, here-here...a successful year for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, that was mushy :) Thank you. I can't wait for that day of reading one of our books! It has been a crazy year, but yes, a good one. And next summer if we vacation in DC or somewhere that brings me in your direction, maybe I can stop through to meet in person!

      Delete
  6. Happy Anniversary! Mine was one month ago and I too, am a book lover. I found my way to you today via The Relentless Reader on FB but look forward to reading you regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool and thank you! Can never have too many book lovers! Looking forward to some great book talk :)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations! Your blog is absolutely wonderful and I'm glad that you were able to meet these other great bloggers! I appreciate the shout out and look forward to seeing you grow over the next year! (And like you and Rebecca, my anniversary is in July, too! Mine is July 24th).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So funny we all have this month in common!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on one year Jennine! It's a fun and crazy world but I love it and can't imagine what I would be doing right now without book blogging. Although I'd probably have a lot more time on my hands? ;) Here's to many many more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the blogaversary! Glad our love for reading has brought us together. Allison, Rebecca and Jennifer are some of my favorite bloggers too and I appreciate your support for my blog as well. Congrats on the top 10 blogs award and I look forward to what the future holds in store and discussing more great books with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kinda found you through them too! They were posting about Bout of Books and I attended the Twitter chats and found you and your blog! You are an inspiration! Next Bout of Books is week of August 19th I think! Hope you'll be ale to make some chats. School starts for teachers at my school that week but 'm going to do my best to be at the chats.

      Delete
  10. I love your blog. Although I have been blogging for 6 months, I just started exploring the book blog community. Thanks for all your support and comments.You have been so welcoming! Keep up the great work both reading and blogging!

    Kate- http://katereads100.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just starting finding the book blog community about seven or so months ago and it has been so much fun! I enjoy your blog as well and look forward to more connecting through the best media in the world - the written word :)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on your blogiversary! It's not easy to keep it going, especially with all of the other things in your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does get hard to squeeze in once in awhile, but it's worth it!

      Delete