Sunday, December 14, 2014

Begin the Week with Words

I came across some quotes from a book I read five years ago. One of the most inspirational and life giving books I've ever read: The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch. If you aren't familiar with his story, Randy was a professor at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh, PA who was given a terminal diagnosis from pancreatic cancer in 2007. Randy used his remaining time to pass on everything he had learned about life in a speech he gave called The Last Lecture: Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams. It went from his original audience, to YouTube, to a published book before his death in July of 2008. The Last Lecture is a gem - an absolute tribute to one man's legacy of goodness and optimism for life. If you haven't read it, you are missing out.




2 comments:

  1. Ohh I loved this book.
    So many quotes to underline in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You could underline every other sentence!

      Delete