Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Four Part Post

 
 
 
I have a series of events that I recall every year about this time as my own personal memoriam, since 2008. Much like Nick Carraway describes looking back on his first interactions with Jay Gatsby, I didn't think too much of these events as they happened, and a lot of living went on around them. It was hindsight that brought them to the forefront as markers in a path and linked them in my mind. 2008 seems much longer than just four years...so much has changed and faded in my mind in four years.

But not this story, which probably taught me most of what I know and take to heart about my job, who I am, and my purpose. However, to fit the whole story, I am going to present it in four posts (posted every other day starting 11/3, ending 11/9) called In Memoriam and number them. I just wanted to give a heads up so that anyone interested in reading them would connect the events in chronological order as the posts come out.

Thanks for your interest in this story I've wanted to put into writing for the past four years.

Jennine

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you highlighted this through Love at First Book and I was able to go back and read about Paul. Such a beautiful way to remember him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time. Remembering is the best way to do justice to the lessons he taught me, about myself and others. I was really glad Rebecca provided an opportunity through which I could share!

      Delete
  2. Jennine, this is great! I am going back right now to check out those posts you were talking about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them. It's sad and yet good can come of it if even on a small/indirect scale.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to look at them now!

    ReplyDelete