Sunday, May 24, 2015

Begin the Week with Words: My Classroom

The end of the school year is upon us! I have eight days left, only two regular days, a couple of days of finals, and some half days. So the room packing has begun, which made me realize, duh, my classroom is full of quotes I've never used here. So, here is a mini tour of some of my classroom quote decor.




These two plaques sit on my whiteboard.



Sits along the register in the back of my room.




The two plaques above sit on the windowsills to the left of my room.

Every English classroom needs a little Emerson on the windowsill.

Hopefully this one sounds familiar. Propped on my countertop,
I hope students take heed.


6 comments:

  1. and very good quotes they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to work them into conversations when I can.

      Delete
  2. From one teacher to another . . . Thanks for being an inspiration to your students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, especially the one about small minds discussing people. That's a good reminder for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to make them life applicable quotes we can discuss...easily applied to what we read too.

      Delete