Sunday, May 31, 2015

Begin the Week with Words: For Jack

This weekend a really good friend of mine ended up in an emergency surgery that will require more surgeries and up to a year of recovery time. Besides parents and siblings and one other high school friend, Jack has been my friend longer than anyone else in my life, past or present, including my husband. Twenty years holds too many memories to recount, but I'm sure most people can imagine or have similar friendships.

Scrolling through social media and playing mindless games of Solitaire, unable to sleep, I came upon a post by Lysa TerKeurst and immediately thought to use it for this week's Sunday Sentence. I screen shot it because I also wanted her status with the image quote.

Praying for you Jack and believing in God's perfect plan for you in the year to come.


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's really stressful. I hope his ongoing surgeries, etc, go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He has made small progress in the couple days since, but progress is progress, right?!

      Delete
  2. It's hard when people so pivotal to our past become immersed in such on-going medical difficulties. We are all so vulnerable and when this happens we begin to realize how close we are to them and to our own frailties.
    Hang in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Carolynn. I visited him last night and they had begun to pull him from sedation, but he still has tubes and ventilators and such. He nodded when I told him we were there, opened his eyes a little, and then squeezed my hand. Who knew such small things could mean the world.

      Delete