Sunday, April 19, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

Crazy. It. Has. Been. Crazy. I have not read for days. I am getting more behind on reviews I requested. I am not even thinking about the books I want to read. But, stuff is getting done! My research papers are almost all graded (in record time) and April is half over. I have two all day field trips to look forward to this week - book festival at the local college. I'll put up a post full of good stuff when all is said and done.

Otherwise, I've been hanging with with friends like crazy. Spent an evening with some wonderful ladies experiencing my first Hibachi dinner. Had so much fun, I'm taking my family for my husband's birthday this week. Our movie loving friend came to watch old Survivor seasons with us - we've been having so much fun comparing the old with the new. Spent a night celebrating a birthday for another friend, whose wife knows how to throw a party! And ended the week cuddling two little ones we babysat for one special couple and then played games of Fluxx until 1am with another group.

You will seldom hear me ever say that spending days in a row away from reading was an okay thing. This is the first time I can recall it actually, so take note: Spending the past week away from reading was okay. It was a week that started out overwhelming, but became a pack of memories and blessings by the end. (My Goodreads goal, however, is hating on me.)

So, for Sunday Sentence, two quotes I've been holding onto. First one is truth and second just funny. Have a great week everyone!

"Buildings made of the new-style bricks had much less subtlety and character than buildings of earlier eras, but they were much cheaper, and there has hardly ever been a time in the conduct of human affairs when cheapness didn't triumph." At Home, by Bill Bryson

"Three years in and yes ma’am represents the sum total of her communication with Coach Martin, who wields her reticence so pointedly that even a mime could walk away from her feeling that he’d said too much." The Unraveling of Mercy Louis, by Keija Parssinen

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your time away from blogging living and loving life. Sometimes we need that break from the pressure we put on or expect from ourselves. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete