Sunday, April 12, 2015

Begin the Week with Words






Every person has a story. And every story is never finished, even when you and everyone else may think it is. On this topic, an overlapping theme I heard many times within the past few weeks was "shame." This week's quotes come from the various places I came upon the topic of "shame." Some were simple statements, some wisdom, and some uplifting, but overall, there were too many to ignore.







"Such a funny thing, shame, that in the scramble to avoid it, you forget who has the right to shame you in the first place." The Unraveling of Mercy Louis, by Keija Parssinen (book)








From "Shame" by Matchbox 20 (song)
"We never thought we'd get so troubled 
We could never think that much 
It should never get this bad 
[Chorus:]
Shame, shouldn't try you, couldn't step by you 
And open up more 
Shame, shame, shame" 




Source: theimperfectprincess.com


From "I Am New" by Jason Gray (song)
"Too long I have lived
In the shadows of shame
Believing that there
Was no way I could change
But the one who is making everything new
Doesn't see me the way that I do
He doesn't see me the way that I do

[Chorus:]

I am not who I was
I am being remade

I am new

I am chosen and holy
And I'm dearly loved
I am new"


No comments:

Post a Comment