Monday, January 26, 2015

I Mustache You Some Questions


I was tagged for this post by Lori @ Palmer's Page Turners! Looks like fun and I need a break from review writing while I enjoy a few books this week. Feel free to take it for your own blog as well! (I did tag four bloggers I enjoy - but by no means all of my favorites - at the end.)


Four names people call me other than my real name:
Pooh or Dear (by my husband)
Jen (by most family)
Sis (by my siblings)
Mom, mom, mom, mom, mommy, mommy, mommy, ma, ma, ma...  (by my kids...think Family Guy, it's that bad)

Four jobs I’ve had:
McDonald's (high school)
Giant Eagle (college - where I met my hubby)
Parking Services on my college campus (college)
English Teacher (since 2005)

Four movies I would/have watched more than once:
Back to the Future (all three)
Shawshank Redemption
The Proposal
The Dark Knight

Four books I’d recommend:
(This is a horrible question to ask a reader, so I tried to mix it up)
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult
One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp
11/22/63, by Stephen King

Four places I have lived:
New Middletown, Ohio (born and growing up)
Bristolville, Ohio (only one year as a toddler)
New Middletown, Ohio (apartment when I married)
New Middletown, Ohio (our house)
(Yes, I love where I live!)

Four places I have been:
Ontario, Canada
Wisconsin
Hilton Head and Charleston, South Carolina
Ocean City, Maryland
Hershey, PA
Orlando and Destin, Florida
OBX, North Carolina
(Yea, more than four, but I don't travel a lot, so this is about it!)

Four places I'd rather be:
Snuggled in bed with a book
Sitting by my pool in the sun
In any place/type of vacation - but preferably the three month kind I get June - August.
Hanging out with good friends

Four things I don’t eat:
Very spicy food
Most seafood (breaded shrimp is okay)
Mayonnaise
Vegetable soup

Four of my favorite foods:
Just about anything Potato!
Broccoli cheese soup
Caesar salad/wraps
Chicken

Four TV shows that I watch:
Big Bang Theory
Resurrection
Survivor
The Tonight Show

Four things I am looking forward to this year (2015):
Reaching new reading goals
Forming closer friendships
Spending quality time with family
Learning, changing, growing as a person

Four things I’m always saying:
"I'm gonna punch you in the face..." kidding threat to my kids and students
"She's the baby!" about our mini dachshund when she gives the sad face
"Is your homework done?" my kids and students again
"Did you brush your teeth?" three kids with braces at the same time makes this oft repeated

Four People I Tag:
Katie @ Words for Worms
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories
Eva @ The Paperback Princess
Wendy @ Wensend


Have fun!!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy when I find another fan of Survivor!! It's like my dirty little secret, but i love it every season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only just watched my first season! A friend of mine loves it and so I started watching with her. Soon my husband was hooked and now we DVR it so we never miss it! Lol!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sure! I thought it was a fun little thing you would enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I totally do the same thing to my mom. Even now. She should just pay attention to me!
    Thanks for tagging me - means I don't have to try and come up with something original!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yep, it was good timing as I'd used up the last of my prewritten posts last week!

      Delete
  4. I love this :D Mmmm, broccoli cheese soup. I made a pot of that last week and it was SO GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw your pic. Then I had to go to Panera's and eat some!

      Delete
  5. Haha, what a cute meme! Although I live in NY now, my family are also in Ohio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you probably get some crazy snow like we do then!

      Delete
  6. I think our generation grew up watching Back to the Future a bajillion times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's the only movie I can really remember seeing in the actual movie theater growing up!

      Delete