Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bout of Books 12

Bout of Books


One of my favorite reading/blogging events is coming up and this post establishes my intent to participate. Bout of Books 12 begins January 5th - January 11th and I will be ready! What better way to start the new year? Before I go any further, official sign ups and extra information for Bout of Books can be found at the site listed here:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 5th and runs through Sunday, January 11th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 12 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

This is my favorite time of year that they run Bout of Books because I am usually able to best participate. I will just be going back to work from Christmas break, so everything will still be settling in. Even now, I have my lesson plans written out and copies made for that week. By then, I will have nothing left to grade either.

I'm extra excited because I've also challenged myself to read nothing but TBRs that I own for as long as possible in the New Year (read about it here). The Bout of Books week will give me a great jump on it. I also enjoy hearing what everyone is reading and gleaning the best titles from reviews and chats. Plus the Twitter chats and giveaways are so much fun.The week is free and clear and I see lots of good books in my near future (such as my guest post of Christmas picks).

Hope to see you around the book blogosphere next week!

2 comments: