Monday, April 28, 2014

Bring on the Next Read-a-thon: Bout of Books 10

Upper left: Chloe was the first to fall asleep.
Upper right: Samoa stole my seat every time I got up to stretch.
Bottom: They both stuck by me through the whole day.
 Well, Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon was great! Even though I never seem to read near as much as I'd like, it's fun to know I have an excuse to devote my day to nothing but reading. I didn't finish All the Light We Cannot See as originally planned, but I did read all in one day The Forgotten Man and I Kill the Mockingbird, both of which will have reviews forthcoming, closer to publication dates. I felt inspired and went with it, Tweeting here and there and trying to talk with some fellow readers. I ate Garlic Parmesan Pretzel Chips and Peppermint Patties with Starbucks's bottled Mocha Frapp. (Yes, I'm a junk food snacker.)

So what next? Bout of Books 10, of course. Bout of Books is a week long reading event with the best Twitter chats I've ever participated in. Well, who better to explain it than the Bout of Books ladies themselves? From the site:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. 

So there you have it! I've participated in the past and, like I said, really enjoyed the Twitter chats. Plus it gives me extra reason to say to my family all week "but I'm in a read-a-thon!" And a week is a good amount of time, so the things in life you can't ignore can still be attended to, with plenty of time left for reading!

Same ideas apply to this read-a-thon as others - I'll have snack foods and drinks planned ahead, as well as a tentative list of books to read. Too early to decide now, who knows what the weeks leading to Bout of Books will bring? I'll make sure I post a list closer to May 12th.

Join us! It's easy, hassle-free fun for all readers.

20 comments:

  1. That one picture of Samoa is brilliant. Those eyes!!! Enjoy your Bout of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She uses those eyes to her full advantage! Everything gets the puppy dog look.

      Delete
  2. Oh Chloe, so cute! I just love it when Tilly stretches out like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - and she tucks her nose down into her front paws and looks cuter!

      Delete
  3. Aw, love the pictures of your pups and family! I'll definitely be doing Bout of Books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it makes me tired to think about it today, I will definitely be doing Bout of Books! Haha! Love your adorable pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're gluttons for punishment, but we're dedicated gluttons ;)

      Delete
  5. Great post! I'm new to the book blogging world and am trying to get involved in al the read-a-thons, blogging events, etc. that I can! I will definitely sign up for Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is definitely one of the best read-a-thons to sign up and follow. Make sure you get the dates and times for the Twitter chats! I always meet so many awesome books bloggers!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Woo hoo! I missed it last time, so I'm ready for it!

      Delete
  7. Aw, your dogs are so cute! I will definitely have to get some peppermint patties and mochas for next year, since that sounds delightful. I'm excited for bout of books too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What better than chocolate and caffeine with your books, right? Glad you'll be joining Bout of Books!

      Delete
  8. Awww puppies! Glad you had some good cuddly company!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the readathon! Your dog is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! and thanks - she's the spoiled baby of our family.

      Delete