Sunday, April 6, 2014

Begin the Week with Words

Reading The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon, and so far, it's like a modern Fahrenheit 451. This quote is just amazing:

"Words are living legends, swollen with significance. We string them together to make stories, but they themselves are stories, encapsulating rich, runny histories."


(PS: Last week was a very. long. week. So I hope you'll excuse the silence of the blog. I didn't even have the energy to whip up a little something to post. Between the emotions of the funeral of my husband's uncle and the energy draining back-to-back meetings and events (at and outside of work) of the other four days, I have read next to nothing, falling asleep every time I tried actually. I also totally dropped the ball on most other blog activity, from social media to reading other blogs. Hopefully this week will bring it all back to normal.)

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of all your personal difficulties. I hope things get better soon.

    An amazing quote from a thought provoking book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The schedule is looking better this week already!

      Delete
  2. Prayers are with you and your family. I didn't blog much because of Spring Break and hopeI can get back in the dswing of things this week.

    I hope you will link up this post with my #SmallVictoriesSunday #linky. This is a fabulous quote and I look forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated. I will attempt to get something out to link.

      Delete
  3. I love this quote (so I added the book to my ever growing to-be-read list)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is just awesome...there's another I put up today that is from the same book, also about words.

      Delete