Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just because I LOVE it!


blogs-the-feed-tumblr<em>mqsniczbTj1rq45r5o1</em>500.gif

Found it here

Had to save this somewhere because it is just awesome! All that work to nail the Gatsby smile - Leo did a pretty good job! Just bought this movie and can't wait to watch it again and again. Actually, my 11th graders are reading the book...I had two students disappointed we aren't starting it until end of next week because they want to see what it's about. They were really excited to hear we'll be watching it in October! Yea, I know how to have a good time ;)


"It is invariably saddening to look through new eyes at things upon which you have expended your own powers of adjustment."

- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby, Ch. 6

6 comments:

  1. Love this book :) I re-read it not long ago. I wanted to refresh myself before the movie came out. I didn't end up seeing it in the theater, whoops! I should run out and rent it today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late for a little Gatsby and you can never have enough ;)

      Delete
  2. I wish you had been my teacher.

    We read West Side Story. The teacher was the football coach.
    Now...I don't read plays but I do watch football...go Pats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an English teacher who was the athletic director. I took Honors, got a B, and took regular the following year thinking maybe I didn't have what it takes after all. Next year's teacher asked me within a month why I wasn't in Honors and told me to take AP senior year.

      So that one year of English I can truthfully say it wasn't me, it was the teacher.

      Delete