Sunday, January 17, 2016

Begin the Week with Words

Almost done reading A Prayer for Owen Meany with my AP classes and Owen's wisdom is just popping from the pages. Here are two for today:


     “IF WE CAN DO IT IN UNDER FOUR SECONDS, WE CAN DO IT IN UNDER THREE,” he said. “IT JUST TAKES A LITTLE MORE FAITH.” 
     “It takes more practice,” I told him irritably. 
     “FAITH TAKES PRACTICE,” said Owen Meany.



"WHY NOT DO ANYTHING—IF THE ONLY REASON NOT TO IS NOT TO GET CAUGHT?” he asked. “DO YOU CALL THAT MORALITY? DO YOU CALL THAT RESPONSIBLE?"

4 comments:

  1. I like that top quote a lot. Practice also takes some faith too, thinking that you will get better at something even though it seems hard now. I'm trying to start a meditation practice, which is not easy for me, so that quote resonated this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have always wanted to write a blog and I went looking around for some research about what's missing out there and i came across your wonderfully insightful blog! Your trip to B&N with the family inspired me to start my own. Thank you xx

    If you have the time, take a look at https://darrensharpewrites.wordpress.com and follow if you find it interesting! Many MANY more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! That's awesome! I will definitely check it out! Thank you.

      Delete