Sunday, March 15, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

This quotes shows up in the very beginning of The Unraveling of Mercy Louis. I was quite happy to find a good quote so soon in a story! 

"One day is a slim buffer between six hundred teenagers and summer. Pity the teachers, who themselves have been counting down the days since spring break." The Unraveling of Mercy Louis, by Keija Parssinen


Then again, maybe I'm biased? Approximately 55 school days left for me. Spring break is still two weeks away (two days off)! Is it too soon for a countdown?

Never.

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! May the time fly by! But perhaps not too fast. ;) I'm always reminding myself not to wish time away too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Trish! I'm always saying, "oh if this week could just fly by" and realizing two weeks later I'll never have that time again and so much can/will change in another matter of weeks.

      Delete