Sunday, May 12, 2013

Week Long Read-A-Thon







Yes! Another read-a-thon! I am new to this one, so I have included the little blurb from the host site just below.







The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My more reasonable goal is to finish two books I've started, but not progressed through very quickly (due to a busy schedule and distractions). The books are You are Not so Smart by David McRaney and Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler. My ultimate goal is to also catch up on a devotional I've been reading titled Sparkling Gems from the Greek by Rick Renner. It is a set of 365 Greek word studies to sharpen understanding of the Bible. Gives you an idea of what has been lost in translation. 

I can guarantee I'll be reading more than usual to accomplish this goal! Between my daughter's softball and putting up an above ground pool in our yard (among the usual busy schedule), we've had little downtime. I look forward to a reason to take it easy and enjoy doing what I do best: Read!

So if you're interested, check it out. If you can't, that's fine too. If you were to join any kind of read-a-thon, which books would top your list?

4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I saw that you were doing the Bout of Books read-a-thon and I'm excited to be doing it too. I've followed you to make sure I get your updates! I would really appreciate it if you could come over to my blog to check it out, and if you like it, you can follow me as well. I hope you'll follow my read-a-thon journey. I blog about my favourite music and books hence the name Music Plus Books.
    Thank you and good luck,
    Music Plus Books
    - Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! Thanks for following! I actually saw you on the list - it was the music part that caught my eye because it was a different piece than most book blogs!

      I'm going to keep up with people's progress best I can. I'll be at the Wednesday and Saturday TwitterChats and I signed up for the social hour. So we'll see!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with getting everything done! This is my first time with Bout of Books!

    ReplyDelete