Saturday, September 15, 2012

Need a Good Laugh?

I've watched so many "Call Me Maybe" parodies, I've lost count. And those were all before I heard the actual song itself. However, I found the best set of parodies ever! From bookriot.com I bring you "Call Me Maybe" parodies based on Moby Dick, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Anti-e-readers, and The Great Gatsby.

I am even thinking of offering a project like this to my students as extra credit or maybe they can just write lyrics as part of a project based on a book we've read. I don't know, but I think they would have a blast! I'm thinking after testing in January, we are going to have some fun with this.

And just FYI: the anti-e-readers one is definitely my favorite...they gave me even more reason to never be sucked into the "dark side." This is followed closely by Moby Dick. They made my day. Enjoy!






http://bookriot.com/2012/09/15/5-awesome-fun-and-totally-weird-literary-call-me-maybe-covers/

2 comments:

  1. I love the Obama one, with his words spliced together from various speeches. But my all time favorite is this one: http://www.wimp.com/monstercovers/

    I think it'd be a great assignment. I know all four of my kids would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like the Obama one too! And Cookie Monster's is pretty awesome! The spoofs have been quite entertaining.

      Delete