Sunday, October 19, 2014

Readathon Begin the Week with Words



Part of my Saturday (yesterday) schedule cleared out at the last minute and then I woke up sick and my whole day cleared out because there was no way I was going anywhere. Luckily, I felt okay enough to read, so Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon was still in the mix once I drank up some DayQuil! I didn't start right at 8am and did some laundry in between (even sick, it still needs done), but still managed to read one entire book over the course of the day, which I've never done during a readathon before. I always had other things to do or distractions. I was so excited! So today's Sunday Sentence comes from the one book I read from start to finish, The Life We Bury, by Allen Eskens.

"We are surrounded every day by the wonders of life, wonders beyond comprehension that we simply take for granted. I decided that day that I would live my life—not simply exist. If I died and discovered heaven on the other side, well, that’d be just fine and dandy. But if I didn’t live my life as if I was already in heaven, and I died to find nothingness, well . . . I would have wasted my life. I would have wasted my one chance in all of history to be alive.” The Life We Bury, by Allen Eskens

6 comments:

  1. I had been planning all along to do the read-a-thon, but woke up sick as a dog. I still participated and had fun. I could be sick and miserable or sick and have fun anyway. So I chose the latter. I did have trouble concentrating because of the foggy brain. It was my first ever read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite a few people woke up sick yesterday it seems. Very weird, but it didn't stop us! Hope you had fun and plan on doing it again. The next Dewey's is April 25th. There's a week long readathon called Bout of Books that will be the first full week of January 2015. Google it and the link will come up. It's a lot of fun too and happens at least three times a year.

      Delete
  2. I love the quotes you pick to begin your week! Hope you are feeling better and congrats on getting an entire book read! My reading was just for a couple hours on Saturday but I managed on getting an entirebook read over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I feel like I could make "rules for living" off of a good set of quotes! Reading a book in a weekend is amazing too. If I could do that most weekends, I'd be super satisfied!

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to participate a bit, but sorry you're sick! I feel pretty terrible myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little sick can't keep us down when there's a readathon to be done!

      Delete