Sunday, October 12, 2014

Begin the Week with Words



Four quotes today (including the image above)! Boy, are you all getting spoiled these past couple weeks of Sunday Sentence! These three pieces of wisdom, all from Lysa TerKeurst's new book The Best Yes, speak to decision making. What happens when we don't think through decisions, big and small, first? In the least, we can get overwhelmed. In the long run, it can change us into someone we never wanted to be. So it is wise to save your "yes" answers for the best possible yes. (There's much more to this, which you will hear about soon!)


"You make your choices and then your choices make you." 

"Today’s choices become tomorrow’s circumstances."

"After all, remember the decisions you make determine the schedule you keep. The schedule you keep determines the life you live. And how you live your life determines how you spend your soul."

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sure thing! I wish I could come up with great one liners like these!

      Delete
  2. I think that's my favorite one too. I see examples of it everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one is my favorite and one I need to be better at. There always seems to be pressure to "get more done" and I give in. Might be time to get back to my meditation practice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Or I'll do okay for a little bit and sink back into craziness before too long, realizing it too late.

      Delete
  4. Four great quotes indeed, I think this is pure wisdom.
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This woman is particularly wise in most everything I've read of hers!

      Delete