Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bookish Shirts I Love



The weather here in Ohio is playing back and forth between summer and fall, which means I end up in nice cotton T-shirts most of the time. Like any other type of clothing, I have my favorites, worn repeatedly before I'll even touch the rest of the stack. Of course, they are book related shirts! Why else would I be telling you all of this? And of course I have pictures!



My oldest and most favorite bookish shirt, which is also my favorite color, blue. It reads "Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Read." That says it all!











PJs my sister bought me Christmas a couple years ago. The shirt begs of others what any book lover wants to discuss - his/her current read! "Ask me about my book" shirt comes with lightweight pants adorned in mugs, stacks of books, and words like "travel" and "literature."








A special, one-of-a-kind shirt custom designed specially for a group of blogger friends and myself. The picture is half book, half laptop. It reads "Rocking the Book Blogosphere" and I can tell you that is exactly what the bloggers I follow do! Love you all! (Oh, and I also have this shirt in a dark gray long sleeve, so I can wear its awesomeness year round!)






This is my newest! I chose red because it's my school's color. The front reads "English Teacher" and the back reads "Only Because Freakin' Awesome Is Not An a Official Job Title." You better believe it! This was one of those specialty shirts that shows up as an ad/post on FB. After seeing it numerous times, I just had to have it.



We have dress down day every Friday at school. Teachers pay $2 to wear jeans and a comfy shirt. The money goes toward many good causes within the school, usually helping students in need. And who doesn't want to wear comfy clothes to work AND proclaim truth at the same time?! You know I'll be sporting these the next few weeks before the cold settles in and the snow flies!
 




14 comments:

  1. Some great items. My favourite is the PJ's! I also love the unique blogger one, love that the centre image is part book, and part laptop - how fun!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so creative, combining the two things bloggers need to do their thing! Lol. I'm not creative, so I greatly appreciate it in others.

      Delete
  2. All of them are so much fun! I could really stand to get my hands on a pair of those bookish pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she found them online or in one of those holiday magazines...so I'm sure they can be found.

      Delete
  3. LOVE this post! So creative and fun. And that Rocking shirt is so comfy I've considered getting another. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is comfy. And I've worn them both to school and received many compliments. I am the resident book nerd, along with my one coworker.

      Delete
  4. I love that Life is Simple tee. And I agree with Andi about how comfy the Rocking shirt is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Life is Simple tee is my favorite because it says it all. If I were to make a Maslow's hierarchy of needs, books would go on the first level with food and sleep - the level you can't live without.

      Delete
  5. I love these! I really need to get more "Book" shirts. I have one similar to your Life is Simple...except mine said, "Life Is Simple. Eat. Sleep. Run." As far as "bookish" shirts, I only have two - and one no one would get. It says, "I swannee." Which is a very southern way of saying "I swear..." As in "I swear it's hot outside!" And I used that expression in my first book. Saw the t, had to have it. My other one is from Square Books in Oxford MS. And that's what it says. "Square Books Oxford, Mississippi." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cool - collecting tshirts from bookstores you've seen traveling.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. My sister says the shirt isn't needed...that I'll tell people without them having to ask! Lol

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. My students were laughing Friday. I welcomed them to "freakin' awesome" class and they didn't get it until I turned to the whiteboard.

      Delete