Sunday, February 16, 2014

Begin the Week with Words

All the context you need is with this one.

"...all she could hear was tango music, which she hated for its reminder of the days when she was free. When she was 18. When she went to clubs and danced the tango with a different man every night. Before she became this woman who witnessed life rather than experienced it." Paris, Rue des Martyrs by Adria J. Cimino (emphasis mine)

Isn't that he truth? Sometimes we feel like we are watching life go by instead of actually participating. I will be posting a review of this book Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic quote! Looking forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennine, for quoting from my novel. One of the most rewarding aspects of being a writer is when the reader finds a sense of truth in your writing or connects with it in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's what writers write for, right? To connect! There's another line I really liked that I will use on a future Sunday.

      Delete
  3. Indeed! And I'm delighted to hear that "Paris, Rue des Martyrs" will be quoted here again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the Paris in the title it can't be bad, eh? Great quote. I'll be looking for your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm going to supply links to a couple other reviews of the book as well.

      Delete
  5. What a great quote! I have this book to review as well and this makes me want to get to it faster! I hope you will stop by and share up to 3 of your great bookish posts in my Small Victories Sunday linkup that's back up and running this week!

    http://momssmallvictories.com/small-victories-sunday-7-one-make-comeback/

    ReplyDelete