Thursday, July 3, 2014

Bookish Quiz Fun

I am still making my way through Cloud Atlas and enjoying it, but it does make you pay attention to make the needed connections. So, in the meantime, here's a fun bookish quiz I found from Lori over at Palmer's Page Turners.

Top Three Bookish Pet Peeves:
1. Dog earring pages, highlighting and writing in books, and movie covers are no-nos.

2. When people say they read the last page first or that the order of certain series doesn't matter (ahem...Chronicles of Narnia).

3. When I need to run to B&N for something (a gift or card) but don't have time to browse.

Perfect Reading Spot:
In my bed. Seriously, better than by the pool, at the beach, etc. My bed has my pillows and blankets and I can get as comfy as needed.

3 Bookish Confessions:
1. I buy and carry my purses based on their ability to hold a book AND my iPad (my iPad holds all my bookish thoughts, lists, and blogger stuff). I always have a book, even if it is just my iPad, whose Kindle app has at least a dozen books I haven't read. You never know when there will be time to read.

2. My personal books are organized by genre and then by author within the genres. I have six bookshelves total and haven't read half of the books I own (which is in the hundreds).

3. I am definitely a passionate book snob about certain things, although I've gotten so much better at being less so and keeping my mouth shut all the other times.

When was the last time you cried during a book?
I don't think I've ever cried while reading a book. My mind has this tendency to downplay what I'm reading so it seems to be less effective on my emotions. But put that book into a visual, like a movie, and it'll get me every time. The Fault in Our Stars barely affected me as a book, but teared me up in the movie theater!

How many books are on your bedside table?
22. Yea...three series, three review copies, and a bunch of books I've been "looking forward to." Sandwiched in there is a set of Pilates videos...they haven't stood a chance for some months now.

What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
Anything munchy...could be candy or chips.

Name 3 books you'd recommend to everyone:
The Storyteller, by Jodi Picoult
Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell
Most anything by Malcolm Gladwell

Write how much books mean to you in three words:
My blog name says it all - My Life (is) in Books (articles don't count in word counts 😉)

What is your biggest reading secret?
Not sure I have one...I'm pretty loud and proud about my reading. One thing is that I do like romance in books (but not romance novels), although (and maybe because) I'm not romantic at all in real life.

Who are you tagging?
Anyone who wants to participate! Post your own answers to this bookish quiz!

8 comments:

  1. So much fun! I'm with you on reading in bed- it's really the best place, in my opinion ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great learning about some of your reading habits. I've never cried reading a book, despite being very emotionally attached to characters, and I can't eat whilst reading, it's a no no for me. Reading time isn't reading time for me though without a nice big cup of tea.

    Like you, I used to favour my bed as my favourite reading spot. Recently though that has changed to my sofa, we recently got new throws which have made them the most comfy things ever. Clearly comfort is key for me when reading.

    Also, never read any of Malcolm Gladwell's work so thanks for sharing!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, my couch would be equal to my bed. My couch is actually more comfortable to sleep on than my bed, but the living room is also my kids' domain, so I need to escape the TV, video games, and hysterical laughter to read! I agree - it's all about comfort!

      My favorite Gladwell so far is Outliers. I just thought it was very interesting.

      Delete
  3. So it's not just me that reads in bed then! I hate when people fold books in half while reading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Me too! Those poor little book spines! My students do this all the time!

      Delete
  4. I hate dog-earing pages and I hate when people do that to my book. The Storyteller is a fabulous, but traumatizing book. I feel so much better now that I know you have hundreds of unread books on your shelves!

    ReplyDelete