Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Purpose?

I've recently set out on a writing adventure. I've been a reader my whole life and in my teens and early 20s considered myself a writer. I gave up for about ten years and have just now jumped back into the game. Why? Because of an idea - a sudden, quick inspiration that was planted with a joking remark, but given enough thought to grow. Literally God-inspired, I'd say!

So, the purpose of having a blog? Not sure. I don't ever talk about the fact that I am writing something, let alone about the writing itself. I found a great blog by Editor/Agent Betsy Lerner after reading her book "The Forest for the Trees" (which I had bought just before my 10yr hiatus and didn't read until last month). I found people I can relate too! And while I read every comment made by everyone on Betsy's posts, I caught myself thinking I'd like a place to put my thoughts. Not a journal, but somewhere other writers can reply and hopefully we can all Keep Inspired.

So this is my attempt at stepping out and connecting with a community I've never known beyond myself and my beloved teachers. I am not blogging to glorify my talent or myself through my talent. All glory goes to the One who gave the talent, but writing is a lonely activity. It's a job where one person spends much time alone, trying to connect to others (Betsy! Nice). Even with a full life and people all around, writing takes a person to a place that no one can understand unless they too have had the experience. I have no one in my life who would understand this, so I open this blog to share the experience with others and have them share with me.

"Any man who keep working is not a failure." Ray Bradbury

8 comments:

  1. Now the world knows what you have known all along...you are a writer, and a damn good one I might add.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Usually this would be the place to post, "You don't know how much it means that you stopped by to check it out!" But, I know better here :)

      Delete
  2. I'm excited...for your journey...and to be reading a blog of someone i actually know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you Beth! Your support means the world!

      Delete
  3. So what ideas are brewing in your head??? Do you keep them written down somewhere and compile them later? I would love to read some things you have written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...maybe I'll write a post on this! Haha,I have a big trapper keeper type thing - have had it for over 10 years! I have dividers and paper in it, etc. I section off based on different topics. So, I do have one section right now that is ideas for narration/point of view to use, for example.

      Delete
  4. Would you believe I finally got a chance to sit down and check out your blog. Love it...I will be following closely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Roshni! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete