Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Platform

So I am on Twitter, I have this blog up and running, however I haven't been able to bring myself to open a new Facebook page for the purpose of writing. And I'm not sure want to overwhelm my private Facebook page.

Why load my schedule with more things to keep up with? Because we're talking platform. Advice from a recent book I read by an agent says that you need to build a platform while writing your book. Put yourself out there, join the community, talk to people, gain followers, interest people in what you're doing.

The author suggests writing out a schedule...doing certain activities on certain days to keep it up-to-date and not overwhelm yourself. Any other suggestions for platform building? Is this kind of premature or is it worth doing now, at the very beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment