Monday, June 27, 2016

I'm Still Here


I know it's been quiet as can be on the blog. My weekend was so busy, I didn't even remember once to post my usual Sunday Sentence. Literally, just came to mind as I typed the first sentence of this post. What can I say? I've been reading, but not necessarily writing reviews. Reading is a relaxation and escape venue for me, so it's a must. However, busyness doesn't always get set aside for writing right now.

Renovations on our home are ongoing. We are in the painting, laying flooring, hanging kitchen phases. So we've done painting prep work all last week: priming new drywall, staining new trim, painting ceilings and redoing spots on those ceilings, and bleaching and odor prepping one bedroom floor base we're hoping will not need replaced. So the rest of life didn't happen last week.

We've been blessed with a couple friends helping last week and a couple more offering and set up to help out this week. Also, my parents are back from vacation and ready to jump in. Can't even say how much it means for people to seriously offer, let alone come. It's a huge project to take on, but we already know it'll be worth it with the cost savings and such.

So, if you think of us, send up a little prayer. Laying everything out in my head week by week, August is already looming. And for my that means going back to school as both the teacher and a student. I need to have everything settled by first week of August, so I'm feeling the stress of getting done so we can move in. My husband works all day, scarfs some dinner, and heads over to the house. My younger kids are kinda trapped at the apartment cause there's not much they can do at the house and I feel horrible, what a way to spend your summer, but there's nothing we can really do about it. My kids are also babysitting the little kids of those coming to help paint as needed. And then life just keeps going - would help if I could freeze all other things life demands while we do this, but we all wish that at different points for different reasons. Just won't happen.

So keep on reading and don't forget me in the meantime. I'm still here and definitely have some reviews scheduled.

No comments:

Post a Comment