Sunday, November 1, 2015

Begin the Week with Words

Friday was a good day. I had some great parent teacher conferences and because we'd had conferences for three hours the night before, we were allowed to leave at 11am on Friday! What to do with an entire Friday afternoon? If you read my previous post, ANNOYED, then you can take a pretty good guess. I spent the next few hours sitting in a comfy chair at B&N reading. And I just couldn't help it - I took an ARC to read. What's better than sitting in a bookstore reading a book that no one else can?!

I easily read over a hundred pages of Mitch Albom's The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto in that one sitting. The story is captivating...but more on the book in next week's review. What I was pleased to see was that besides the story, the writing is also captivating. Phrases and paragraphs stood out to me from the start. So I snapshot a few of the them for this week's Sunday Sentence.







The cool thing about it, is that the phrases are carried throughout the book, into different stages of Frankie Presto's life. Can't wait to put up my review. Have a good week readers!

4 comments:

  1. I wish there was a like button! Those are great passages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And right off the bat too. Great story as well.

      Delete
  2. Love these! I'm reading this now and, dare I say, the writing is lyrical ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...goes right along with the attitude of the narrator and flow of the story.

      Delete