Monday, April 8, 2013

Top Ten 2013


Received an email today that I made the 2013 Top Ten Blog for Book Lovers at Story Cartel! I have to say I am truly honored. May sound stupid, but when it comes to very public things, I don't mind being in the background. In my high school drama club I always worked stage crew or lighting, important but unseen. So, it was a big decision to put myself out there and start up this blog. And then, as all my writer blog friends talked about the importance of writing truth (that's you Betsyites), I decided to just be very honest in everything I wrote here. I started to focus more solely on books, since they are, in the words of Anna Quindlen, "the plane, and the train, and the road....the destination, and the journey....home." However, because books speak to me on a personal level, this meant I would sometimes go beyond just a review and reveal feelings and thoughts to people I've never met! (Hence the name change to My Life in Books, which it truly is.)

So thank you to everyone who nominated me, those who have read and/or commented, and the folks at Story Cartel. I post my award image to the sidebar proudly, yet humbly. I hope to learn so much more in the coming year from my books, my readers, and living a writing life.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really enjoying your blog by the way :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Keep up the great work and remember, don't deprive the world of your voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks "writer friend MB" for the vote of confidence - quite literally!

      Delete
  3. Woo...hoo, congrats.
    What an honor. You are amazing !!!!
    And I NEVER use !s

    This 'Betsyite' says job well done.
    I hope you consider me a 'Betsyite' because I really want to be one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I do! I count you among my top trusted Betsyites! And thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Jennine! Belated congratulations on your 2013 Award - I just saw this in your side bar and then found the post! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I am following your blog via Google Friend Connect now. Looking forward to your posts.

    Tallulah A. @ MAD Hoydenish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Always glad to have another voice in the discussion!

      Delete