Thursday, August 10, 2017

New Purpose - Living On Purpose


Hey everyone! I am writing today to officially switch over the name and purpose of this blog. I started my blog as Keep Inspired in July 2012 as a way to keep up some writing practice, thinking I'd focus on writing. I found I could only write so much about writing and within six months, changed the name of my blog to My Life in Books, which it has remained as for the last four and a half years. Recently, I started writing more about things that have come up in life and I wrote in order to process them. There was very little to do with actual books, so I started calling myself Keep Inspired again on social media. Overall, I just wasn't satisfied with the name. It didn't say all I wanted it to say; it wasn't intentional enough.

So, after some thought, I've decided to keep this blog to maintain my previous work, but change the name and purpose. Even the URL and contact email are new! Mostly this is a time factor. This idea didn't come to me until the busy end of the summer. Also, with my teaching and college courses starting one after the other in the next two weeks, I don't have time to learn a new venue and completely create a new blog. I actually started to, but then felt I was creating unnecessary stress for myself.

So here we are. Living On Purpose is the new name and blogging about life as it comes to me is the new game. If you've been around the blog in the past year, you've noticed I write fully within my Christian beliefs. As the basis for everything in my life, who I am, what I say and do, it's non-negotiable. But I've had comments made by readers that even without the same beliefs, they can see what I'm getting at. So I hope my blog can be a place where transparently living on purpose offers hope, encouragement, and love.

Hope you will join me!

2 comments:

  1. We don't share the same beliefs regarding religion, but in any case, I think we share the appreciation for people that are kind, so there's no problem with me with the change of perspective on your blog (and if there were, the matter shouldn't have any effect on your new blog, of course!).
    So I'm happy you have a "new" place to express yourself and share your experiences with us.
    Lots of kisses!!

    ReplyDelete