Sunday, September 4, 2016

Begin the Week with Words

You know you need to pay attention when you hear or read the same thing a bunch of times in a day or two. The first is a scripture verse I read more extensively on in the book Play with Fire, which I reviewed Thursday. It showed up on three different, unrelated people's Instagram posts the next day. In the same two days I read or heard the following three quotes on destiny. So I'm paying attention - they do seem to apply to my road ahead. 

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

"Destiny is revealed in seasons of confrontation rather than seasons of comfort." Lisa Bevere, Without Rival (book)

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." Jean de La Fontaine

"They say that when a man faces his destiny, the destiny ends and he becomes the man that he really is." Mos Def, 16 Blocks (movie)


No comments:

Post a Comment