Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Back to School

Who knew that going back to work for the school year could be less stressful than summer vacation?

Enjoying my schedule so far and my 11th grade students, who (whom? does it even matter any more?) I also had in junior high, so I'm not expecting a whole lot of surprises.

I took a survey via the writing of a letter, asking students to tell me their interests - hoping to pull in nonfiction articles on those topics during the year. Seems that a number of them actually don't mind reading, but want to pick their own books. So we will definitely end up doing an independent study (choose your own book assignment).

But til then, first up for American Lit is "Of Mice and Men." As we go I think we'll hit:
The Great Gatsby
Death of a Salesman
The Crucible
Catcher in the Rye
Plus a series of short stories and nonfiction pieces.

What was your favorite (or least favorite) book assigned in school?

No comments:

Post a Comment